- Married to Susan Johnson for 18 years. Susan is a wonderful inspiration for me both personally and professionally!
- Most of my career has been in the Finance industry (30 years) however I spent 3 years in Photographic Retail & have run a Photographic business (2012- Present)
- Social Media Strategist for SJ Growth
- I love to communicate via photography, the spoken word, poetry, writing, drawing or painting
LIGHT INSPIRED – Fine Art Photography
I’ve enjoyed photographing since 1982 and have been building up an image bank during this time. Over the years I have photographed with Slides, developed and printed my own Black & White images and some years ago converted to Digital Imaging.
I love to study the light that falls all around us, what it does and how it interacts with the World around us. This interaction is what drives me in photography. I want to seek it out, explore it, communicate by it.
- Multiple Club awards: Image of the Year (1); Top Shot of the Year (4); Slide Photographer of the Year (1); Monochrome Photographer of the Year (1)
- Acceptances at National and International level.
- 1st in an International Exhibition
- Placed 3rd in a National Exhibition
- Multiple Acceptances in National & International Exhibitions.
- 1995 decided to become a photographic judge within the Federation of Camera Clubs (NSW) Ltd. Since that time I have judged at Clubs in the Sydney metropolitan area; regional and country clubs either at the club, by correspondence or online. Along the way I have judged at Interleagues, Interclubs and Top Shot Competitions, and up to and including National Exhibition level.
- 2012 I enjoyed mentoring my first photographic portfolio group. My role was to help and encourage them to take their creativity to new shores.
- Macarthur Photographic Society Inc – Member for 28 years (formerly Campbelltown Camera Club). Hold record for Club Merits for Slides(204)
- Southern Highlands Photographic Society Inc – (Founding) Member for 11 years
Over the years I have enjoyed showing my images in a number of ways e.g.
- Camera Club Competitions
- Local Shows
- Entering National & International Exhibitions
- Internet/Social Media
I am always on the lookout for ways that I can do this and am out most days exploring the World with Photography (via DSLR, Compact or Phone) as it is an inherent part of who I am.
In the not too distant future I am aiming to have an Exhibition of my images.
Love Art! Love Communication!
Public Speaking. I joined Toastmasters International in March 2008 and Campbelltown Toastmasters was my home Club from March 2008 – September 2014.
Am in 2 Toastmaster Clubs:
- Camden Toastmasters – joined August 2014 – present.
- The Grange Toastmasters – joined June 2015 – present.
Since joining Toastmasters I have achieved the levels of:
- Competent Communicator / Competent Leader
- Advanced Communicator Bronze / Advanced Leadership Bronze
- Won 4 speech Contests: Campbelltown Toastmasters International Speech Contest 2013 & 2014 & the Area 40 International Speech Contest 2013 & 2014
- Led 3 Youth Leadership Courses in 2012/2013
- Held Club Executive positions of Vice-President Public Relations 2008/2009; Vice-President Membership 2009/2010; Vice-President Education 2012/2013
- President for 2013/2014 / Immediate Past President 2014/2015 (till September 2014)
- Enjoy reading Sci-Fi & Fantasy as well as self-development and business books,
- Growing Cacti & Succulent plants.
- I have also started to learn to paint with Acrylics & Oil and enjoy having a dabble with Inktense Pencils; Pencil; Oil Pastels and Watercolour.
Through the blog it is my intention to explore the communicative experiences of Art, and in particular photography and painting as I continue to study light in all its forms.
It is my sincere wish that you find the Blog interesting and thought-provoking!
“Light Inspired” – “Be inspired. Be Light Inspired!”